Introduction to Python
Python is a high level programming language that is used widely for general purpose programming. It was designed in late 1980s and implemented in Dec 1989 by Guido van Rossum at CWI (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica) in Netherland. Python language is a successor of the ABC (programming language), its greatest achievement was to impact the design of Python.
Python language includes all the skilful features of ABC language and new wanted features, such as extensibility and exception handling. The recent version of Python 3.7.0A2, is still in the developing phase where multiple
developers are using this version and reporting bug fixes. Some of the new features and changes compared to Python 3.6 include :
- PEP 538, Coercing the legacy C locale to a UTF-8 based locale
- PEP 539, A New C-API for Thread-Local Storage in CPython
- PEP 553, Built-in breakpoint()
The next release of Python 3.7 would be of version 3.7.0A3.
Benefits of Python
Python is effortless and fun to learn as compared to other programming languages. It is considered as one of the most knowledgeable programming software and is extensively used in bigger organizations because of its multiple programming paradigms. It involves vital and object-oriented functional programming. It offers an all-inclusive and large standard library that has automatic memory management and progressive features.
The various applications of Python over other programming languages are:
- It is used in Software Development Companies in gaming, web frameworks and applications, language development, prototyping, graphic design applications etc. This provides Python language outburst over other programming languages used in the industry.
- Python offers the Integration feature, it integrates Enterprise Application, that makes it accessible to promote Web services by invoking COM or COBRA components. Python also rules XML and other markup languages as it can run on all modern operating systems through carbon byte code.
- Python language has comprehensive support libraries and simple object-oriented designs that boosts two to ten fold of programmer’s capacity.
- Python has robust process integration features that help unit testing framework and enhanced control capabilities to devote towards developing speed for most applications and enhance productivity of applications.
- Python language is more productive as compared to other programming languages as we can write complete code with less lines than in most of the languages.
- The Python Package Index (PyPI) contains diverse third-party modules that make Python proficient of interacting with most of the other languages and platforms.
- Python language is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, which makes it free to use and disburse, including for commercial purposes.
- Python bids outstanding readability and uncluttered simple-to-learn syntax which helps learners to utilize this programming language. Also, the broad base of users and active developers has produced a rich internet resource bank to boost advancement and continued acceptance of the language.
- Python has built-in list and dictionary data structures which can be used to compose fast runtime data structures. Moreover, Python also administers the option of dynamic high-level data typing which curtails the length of support code that is desired.
- Python’s design and module architecture has determined the advancement of numerous languages. Boo language uses an object model, syntax and indentation, similar to Python.
Article is written in the spirit that it would be able to motivate the readers to learn Python language over other programming languages. It will give a brief understanding about Python and the benefits of using the language. Article begins with an introduction to Python language, how it was designed and the features that are included. It explains that how it is convenient to use Python over the other programming languages. In conclusion, this article will definitely strike a chord with Python lovers and all those who have interest in learning the language.